Contact Mr. Liddle
Takoma Park MS telephone (301) 650-6444
Spring Concert – May 24, 2017 @ 7:00pm (Call time 6:00pm)
Busch Gardens Festival Field Trip – May 26, 2017 @ 6:30am-11:00pm
Chorus: Upcoming Performances
Spring Concert – May 24
Happy Spring! I hope you are enjoying the nice weather and staying cool as it starts to turn to summer. The Spring Concert is fast approaching and I wanted to send home a letter with details, expectations, and (of course) to invite you, your families, and your friends to join us for this big event. For this performance we will also be joined by members of the the “We Will Rock You” Club bands and the E-Motion Dance Club from TPMS. It’s going to be awesome! Details:
May 24, 2017 evening schedule for singers:
3:00-5:30 – Rehearsal (Students should bring a bottle of water and a snack for the after school rehearsal.)
5:30-6:00 – Dinner (Students can either buy dinner for $6.00 or bring their own)
6:00-6:30 – Change and prepare for the concert (students should wear their polo to school for the day)
7:00-9:00 – Spring Performance
Both the Spring Concert and the after school rehearsal are for a grade and students are expected to be in attendance. Please see the attendance/grading policy below.
Everyone: Blue Takoma Park Music Dept. Polo Shirt (if lost, students should acquire a royal blue shirt with no logos on it)
- Young Men – black dress pants (no jeans), black socks, and black dress shoes
- Young Women – black dress pants (no leggings) or a plain black skirt, black socks (if wearing), skin-colored leggings (if wearing), and black dress shoes (no high heels)
I am looking for a number of parent chaperones/volunteers to help with the following:
1) Rehearsal (2:45-5:30): Helping to create an environment that allows rehearsal to occur without interruption.
Keeping students who are not on stage quiet and in the cafeteria. Monitoring the hallway and bathrooms.
2) Dinner (5:00-6:30): This would include setting up the food and drink, collecting money, and distribution. Please contact me if you are available to help with this very important task. We can discuss details then.
3) Post-performance (8:45-9:30): Volunteers to help after the concert with chairs, collect donations, and with general clean-up.
Rehearsal = 10 points
- Excused absence = “X” – does not count for or against overall grade
- Unexcused absence = zero
Performance = 25 points
- Excused absence = alternate assessment
- Unexcused absence = zero
Excused absence: student and parents have notified me in writing in advance of concert with a valid conflict or students who are sick or had a family emergency. Parents/guardians should communicate sickness or emergencies to me in writing after the concert.
Unexcused absence: student has not notified me of a conflict in advance or does not bring in a signed note/email about sickness/emergency.
The students and I are looking forward to presenting this fantastic concert for our friends, families, and the Takoma Park Community. After working so hard since our last concert, we truly hope you will be able to join us.
Best, Tom Liddle Thomas_M_Liddle@mcpsmd.org